Update from Pastor Will
Journey Church Family,
Thank you for your diligence and the steps you helped us take to stop any spread of Covid-19 among our church family during the last few weeks. We are excited to welcome you back into our Goose Creek campus for worship this Sunday, July 26th! We can’t wait to worship with you on Sunday as Pastor Will closes out our Undivided series!
Parents, don’t forget to pre-register your kids for JourneyKIDS.
Goose Creek – 8:30AM, 10AM, 11:30AM
Ladson – 10AM & 11:30AM
Online – 10AM
Remember, if you have any symptoms, please take the necessary precautions and join us for worship online. If you’re joining us in-person on Sunday, please watch this video from Pastor Will encouraging the wearing of masks.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
After weeks of consideration, and in consultation with the Governor, local officials, SCDHEC as well as area church leaders and our Journey Church Elders, we began gathering in our church buildings for worship on June 7th with all of our regular service times at 8:30AM (Goose Creek only), 10:00AM, and 11:30AM!
We were part of a planning group of local pastors who met with the public health experts from the SCDHEC, as well as the Governor’s office to examine how to implement a safe return to our building. We received recommendations and are implementing these guidelines to ensure your health, safety, and well-being remain a top priority.
This decision has not been made lightly. It is informed by the science of the excellent epidemiologists and health care specialists in our state, as well as the CDC and the SCDHEC. It is also made with the understanding that this is an ever-evolving situation. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 statistics for our area and make decisions and alterations to our plans that are prudent.
We also understand that there will be some who would prefer to still join us for worship from home and we are excited to continue to provide opportunities for meaningful online worship experiences.
For those who are returning to our building, our plan includes the following:
- We encourage everyone to follow CDC guidelines (and to follow the changes they make to these guidelines) with a common sense approach in all areas of your life, including church.
- We will encourage wearing masks and providing disposable masks for use.
- We encourage those who are vulnerable because of pre-existing conditions to continue to join us online.
- We will ask that anyone who feels sick or has shown any symptoms of sickness in the last 7 days please join us online.
- We will be asking our attendees to create space in our worship centers between families. We will assist by opening up more seating that was previously blocked off.
- We will be sanitizing surfaces throughout the building, including our kids areas, under the guidance of CDC standards.
- We will cease, for the foreseeable future, all hospitality items, cafe items and response stations that would encourage the passing of items.
- We will also have contactless entry and exit of the building as well as contactless check-in for our kids areas.
- We will create the highest capacity we can in JourneyKids providing adequate social distance for our kids.
- And finally, we will NOT require attendees, leaders or staff members to return. We want everyone to make the choice that is best for their personal health situation.
The new normal at church will be different, but judging by how well all of you have risen to the occasion during the challenges of the last many weeks, I have great confidence that Journey Church will continue to accomplish our mission.
On June 7, we got to welcome everyone back into our buildings. We are also excited that we can continue to gather together online. You can live chat with us during our online Sunday service at 10am. You can also watch our services afterwards on our Facebook page, YouTube channel, and on our app.
We encourage you to invite your family and friends to church by hosting a watch party on Facebook!
We invite you to support what God is doing in our city through your generosity. Just as you’re doing ministry where you live, work, and play, so is the church as a whole, but we can’t do that without you. Would you continue to be faithful in your giving so that we can keep reaching out to every man, woman, and child (at a social distance 😉) in our geography? We are so excited for what God is allowing us to do during this time, and each one of you is a vital part of that. You can give online here to join us on the journey.
Communication, Care and Prayer
We recognize that this is a dynamic situation with constant new information. We will provide updates via email (make sure you’re signed up below to receive immediate updates!), our social media channels (@JourneyChurchSC), and on this page.
We are family. If you are in need of care during this time, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our care team at [email protected]. We love you, and we are here to serve you!
We know that our hope is not in our circumstances, but in our sovereign Savior. Scripture tells us that nothing happens outside of His control (Hebrews 1:3) and that He works all things together for His glory and our good (Romans 8:28). He invites us to call on Him in times of trouble (Psalms 50:15) and to take refuge in Him. We invite you in this season to pray bold prayers, asking that:
- God would glorify Himself by drawing people to Himself in this time.
- God, in His mercy, would stop this growing pandemic, not only in our community, but in cities around the world. Pray for treatments and antivirals to be developed.
- Leaders who are called to address this crisis (particularly medical and governmental officials) would be equipped with wisdom and compassion.
- Local churches would demonstrate the gospel by walking in faith and resisting fear, pointing people to the only source of hope and security in Jesus.
- Our overseas missionaries and church partners would act as God’s ambassadors, continuing to offer the hope of the gospel.
Here are some helpful links to help you stay tuned in and take next steps in the coming days: