Why is Journey Church passionate about starting new churches?
- The most effective and efficient way for the gospel of Jesus to spread is for disciples and churches to multiply.
- The healthiest churches are usually multiplying ones.
- Newer churches reach new people from the harvest at a much higher rate than existing churches.
- The Charleston area is one of the fastest growing regions of the U.S. This area needs approximately 100 new churches in the next 10 years just to keep up with growth.
- The most important reason we need to plant new churches is because every man, woman, and child needs to clearly hear and see the Gospel of Jesus.
We will continue to SEND, INVEST, COLLABORATE, and WORK to start new churches because ultimately it is not about Journey Church, but it is about the Kingdom of God.
Since Journey Church began in 2007, we have helped to launch the following churches:
Awaken Church – Columbia, SC 2009
Church at Cane Bay – Summerville, SC 2011
Refuge Church – Shawsville, VA 2014
The Pines Church – Summerville (Knightsville), SC 2015
Centerpoint Church – Charleston, SC 2014
Hope Church – Summerville, SC 2016
Journey Church is the home base for the Cypress Project which is a coaching process for church planters. We have seen hundreds of church planters trained through the Cypress Project throughout the Carolinas, and now other cities and overseas.
Charleston Southern University
Journey Church is working to assist and encourage Charleston Southern University in developing a major in church planting. We have several staff members who are teaching classes in church planting at CSU.